The North American leaders committed to a North American Climate, Clean Energy, and Environment Partnership that identifies deliverables to be achieved and activities to be pursued in the following categories:
- Advancing Clean and Secure Energy
- Driving Down Short-Lived Climate Pollutants
- Promoting Clean and Efficient Transportation
- Protecting Nature and Advancing Science
- Showing Global Leadership in Addressing Climate Change
Major goals include achieving 50% clean power generation in North America by 2025 as well as demand reduction through energy efficiency. Problematically, the statement includes nuclear as a source "clean power," which significantly reduces the potential positive impact of this initiative on the transition to clean renewable power in the region.
Read the full Action Plan here.